MCJC Shul Reopening Policy - Phase 1
(As of 06/28/2021)
Over the past few months the MCJC board has been in discussion on how and when to reopen the
shul. We are looking forward to the time we can all meet together in person for prayer, learning and
We now are ready to begin a slow reopening in two or maybe three phases. The following is a policy
for Phase 1, to last until the end of July. Our foremost concern is for the health, safety and feelings
of all members of our community.
We are investing in technology so we can have fully interactive Zoom sessions with remote
participants for all appropriate gatherings. Our plan is to put this system in place this summer. We
hope groups will use the basic Zoom approach until the new system is in place.
Phase1 is a policy for classes, meetings and rituals such as Taharah. We are not planning for inperson Shabbat or other services at this time.
For events inside the Shul:
• All participants must be vaccinated. We trust your word on vaccination status.
• It is up to the leaders and members of each group whether they want to meet in person.
• Gatherings will be limited to approximately 25 participants.
• Because all participants must be vaccinated, masks and distancing are optional. It is important to respect each person’s personal space and ask before hugging or touching others.
• Attendees should bring their own drinking cups. Food will not be served. Paper cups and plates will be made available if needed.
• Windows should be open, and air purifiers left on. Please be sure to close the windows before leaving.
• Please inform the Board when groups will be using the shul, and please take attendance. Contact Marnie Press for scheduling and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Hand sanitizer is available in each room. Disinfectant and disinfecting wipes are available in the kitchen and bathrooms. Please wipe down high touch surfaces when finished.
For events held outside:
• Everyone is welcome.
• Anyone who is not fully vaccinated, please wear a mask.
• Masks are optional for the fully vaccinated.
• Please be considerate of other participants’ personal space.
• We will not share food or sing together at this time.