The MCJC - Book and Music Recomendations
The following music and books are recommended by a member of the MCJC. We can have multiple
reviews of the same book. Please send in your recommendations.
The recommendations and opinions presented here are those of the author and do not neccesarily
reflect those of the MCJC or its Board of Directors.
- Arendt, Hannah; Eichmann in Jerusalem A Report
On The Banality Of Evil; Penguin USA, 1994,
ISBN: 0140187650; Recommended by Bob Evans
- Bern, Dan; Dan Bern; WORK/Sony; 1996; OK 67644;
CD and more recommended
by Micky Chalfin
- Brener, Ann; Mourning & Mitzvah: A Guided Journal for
Walking the Mourner's Path Through Grief to Healing; Jewish Lights Publishing, 1993,
ISBN: 1879045230; Recommended by Bob Evans
- Greenberg, Irving; The Jewish Way: Living the Holidays;
Touchstone Books; 1993; ISBN: 0671873032; A beautifuly written explanation of the
ritual and symbolism of the holidays; Recommended by Bob Evans.
- Jacobs,Louis; The Book of Jewish Belief; Berman House; 1984;
ISBN: 0874413796; An easy to digest and intelligent guide to the fundamentals of
Jewish belief; Recommended by Bob Evans
- Jacobs,Louis; The Book of Jewish Practice; Berman House; 1987;
ISBN: 0874414601; An easy to digest and intelligent guide to the fundamentals of
Jewish practice;Recommended by Bob Evans
- MCJC; Mendocino Coast Jewish Community Cookbook; MCJC;
1993; ISBN: 0914046144; Highly recommended by Bob Evans.
- Mitchell, Stephen; Parables and Portraits; Harper Perennial;
1990; ISBN: 0060925329; Poetry recommended by Bob Evans.
- Sucher, Cheryl Pearl; The Rescue of Memory: A Novel;
Scribner, 1997, ISBN: 0684814625; Recommended by Bob Evans
- Wolf, Naomi; Promiscuities:
The Secret Struggle for Womanhood; Random House, 1997,
ISBN: 067941603X ; Recommended by Bob Evans
Last updated 11/19/97 (rge)
Copyright MCJC 1997